Monday, March 23, 2009

San Francisco

Last week was UVU's Spring Break so we decided to head out from sunny Utah to sunny California. We had a blast. One of Amy's best friends lives in San Francisco so we stayed with them. It was so much fun. They did a great job of showing us the city, making sure we ate good food and keeping us entertained. As you will see in the pictures below we saw a lot of sites and altogether did a ton. We couldn't have asked for better weather.



Of course we saw the Golden Gate Bridge. We even drove across it! Twice!

We took a trip to the infamous Alcatraz


"Itty bitty living space"



This is Amy and her friend Loni with Downtown San Francisco in the background

This is a square of toilet paper from one of the bathrooms in San Fran. Like I said we were very entertained.
Mmmmm! Ghirardelli Square was YUMMY!

This is Danny, Loni and little Jaxson. Our fearless and devoted tour guides.


They were awesome!Amy confessed her undying love for me in the beach... That is until the tide comes up :(



We enjoyed the artistic Palace of Fine Arts


Too much of this and we'll have a Full House before we know it.


It was such a treat to go to the temple where my parents were married.


It wasn't until after the sun had set and the lights were on could we see why they "really" call it the Golden Gate Bridge



It was definitely worth the 29 hours in a car across lonely deserts and snowy passes... but next time, we're flying!

Thanks Danny, Loni and Jaxson!


If you want to see a few more pictures of our trip to San Francisco, check our Danny and Loni's blog

7 comments:

caitlin said...

God food sounds amazing.. it must be the tastiest of them all! (just kidding)

I'm jealous! I love San Fran! We went there for our first Anniversary and I have wanted to go back ever since.

Love the picture of you two on the beach running!

Unknown said...

Amy, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Kayla said...

Matt, I didn't know your parents were married in Oakland! That's where Jake and I were married too. It's beautiful. I'm so jealous you guys got to go to my home turf! (well, near it) Those are fun pictures and they make me homesick!

Jess said...

Love it there! So jealous!

Ashley said...

Seriously how awesome is that picture of you guys running away from the water together. I love that! I am jealous and next time you are gone for that long Peter and I better be with you! I was so sad without A Squared!

Unknown said...

Amy... that looks like so much fun. Anywhere in California is great but San Francisco is one of my favorite places. So much to see and do and such GOOD food!

Dena Coleman Bailey and Randy Bailey said...

Amy n Matt,

thanks for visiting my little Loni. She loved it. Check out our blog. I'm trying it out.