Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Littl Red is Riding to BEAT CANCER!!!

Dear friends and family, You may or may not know that cycling has become one of the greatest joys of my life. Whether I am riding for the exercise, the endorphins, or just to be out in the sunshine, I LOVE to be on my bike! This year I am participating in a ride which raises money for breast and ovarian cancer research. "Little Red Riding Hood", which was founded in 1987, has become the largest "Women only" ride in the country! This year, the 3,500 spots available were gone in an hour!! This event is a wonderful, fun way to raise funds and awareness for breast and ovarian cancer research. In celebration of the 25th anniversary of this great event, the Little Red team has partnered up with the Huntsman Cancer Center, allowing 100 riders to be "Huntsman Hometown Heroes." I am so excited and honored to be a part of this group this year!! As a special tribute to a remarkable woman, I am riding in behalf of Laurie White, a friend from home who is currently at home, recovering from her double mastectomy. Here is a blog post Laurie wrote only 48 hours after discovering she had breast cancer.  http://www.ablogaboutlove.com/2012/02/i-choose-hope.html?m=1 In such a tight economy, I understand funds can be limited. If you can in any way help me reach my goal of raising $1000 to be donated to the Huntsman Cancer Center In Laurie's name, I would be so grateful!! Click  http://littlered.kintera.org/forpinksake?faf=1&e=5641695951 to go directly to my donation page. Thank you in advance for any way you can help!! :) Please feel free to forward this message to anyone who may be able to help. Amy Hall Johnson

No comments: