Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My latest purchase

You may or may not know that last summer I got hooked on triathlons. Here's a little video my bro made:

Just Tri

It can get pretty expensive because you have to buy stuff for 3 sports: swimming, biking, and running. The water is usually so cold that everyone wears specialty wetsuits made for triathlons. They are usually a few hundred bucks for the "novice" versions, but tonight I was able to buy one that was a rental for the past year, soooo...now I own a wetsuit! YAY! As you can imagine, I was pretty excited when the store had one in my size. They were a LOT cheaper than retail. Yay for wetsuits! It kinda looks like this:
(I kinda look like this too...)


Also, here is a really amazing video. If you haven't heard about this, it's a father and son team that does triathlons and marathons together. The son is severely handicapped, and the dad is a true athlete. The video is of them doing an Ironman Traithlon together, which is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. The dad started running because his son said he wanted to be in a race. These are true champions!! (Ladies, get your tissues!)

Team Hoyt

4 comments:

Rosie said...

pashaw. You are way buffer than that model :) That's cool you are doing triathalons!

Unknown said...

Triathalons huh? I have done the marathon thing, but putting multiple sports together seems like it would get complicated. Maybe someday I will try it, for now... I think I'll just focus on the running. Good for you though! I can't wait to see your hot bod in that wet suit! *whistle*

holli said...

Ams,
You guys are nuts but I'm glad you have found a way to get out some energy! :) Its always fun to find a sport (or three) that challenge you and make you a better person. You ROCK!!!! And you are so hot in that wetsuit! You just took a picture of yourself in it didn't you!

Steve and Hailey said...

Hey Amy, I will plan on teaching the first week of March. Does that still work for you? I'm sorry it's taken me awhile to get back to you. I have been so sick this week. I feel like the living dead...:) I think someday I'll feel normal again.